Friday, January 16, 2009

Because after 88 hours...


...of sub-zero temperatures, you have got to find out who is colder than you...

Here are my fun with winter temperatures facts courtesy of Ecoworldly.com.


The coldest inhabited place on earth was in Oymyakon, Russia in 1926 with a recorded temperature of -96.2 F. However, this place pictured here is also vying for the title and I think it should be the winner since it's town sign is held in place by mammoth tusks. If it weren't so cold, I just might think of visiting. People that live through miserable cold are just that much cooler. (talk to me next year however, after I have lived in California for a year and ask me how I deal with MN cold) Guessing I'll be a huge wimp and not nearly as interested in visiting a place with mammoth tusks.

1 comment:

jannypie said...

thanks for the compliment Ann, so glad you like the background!