Friday, February 27, 2009

Macgiver meets the cleaning lady...

Something about my crafty nature and having a lot of time on my hands lately makes me want to find new ways to clean our apartment. So I started with a bottle of white vinegar, some warm water and a water bottle and I googled ways to use these ingredients to clean to my little heart's content. And this is what I found...
Did you know that you can clean carpets with vinegar and water or unclog a drain by heating water and salt and then pouring it down the drain? Way cool. But quite possibly, my most favorite find was to dump 1/2 c. of baking soda down the drain and follow it up by 1/2 c. vinegar, wait 15 minutes and send some boiling water down the drain to clear everything out. Now, that's a regular science experiment! Talk about making cleaning fun!
So today, I'm going to test out some of these cleaning products and let you know what works and what doesn't. Wish me luck!

No comments: