Friday, March 25, 2011

chicken sausage medley

Don't adjust your eyes.  This picture is blurry. Yep, I was a bit of an eager beaver to take a picture of this for you, but the steam overtook the camera. 
whoops

You may remember me telling you that I wanted to try one new recipe each week throughout 2011.  Well, I haven't been doing so hot.  The main reason for this new years resolution was because we have been stuck in a dinner rut.  I really enjoy watching cooking shows, reading cookbooks, and cooking magazines, but I rarely try the recipes.  Not this year, my friend.  I found this recipe while watching the Rachael Ray show, however, my recipe is a bit different as I wasn't on my A game when I went grocery shopping so I was missing a few ingredients when I wanted to make this for dinner. I ended up roasting spicy chicken sausage, butternut squash, red potatoes, carrots, garlic and an onion with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  I roasted it long enough for the veggies to be tender.  It was so good, we've made it several times in the last few months.  It's super easy, tasty and a good rainy day recipe. 

Check out Rachael's recipe here.  After taking a second look at her recipe, it's really much different than what I made.  So, I think I'll have to try her version soon!

No comments: