Friday, March 23, 2012

spring cleaning {take 2}

Pinned Image

My cleaning spree has continued this week. And when the feeling hits me, I take full advantage because most of the time, I'm completely not interested in doing anything other than the bare minimum.  So beyond dusting, vacuuming and cleaning the bathrooms, I've done a few other additional things to celebrate the first day of spring, like clean out the spice rack! Yippee! That one felt good.  When you don't move every year or so, you don't toss the spices.  So I decided to take it upon myself and my spring cleaning attitude to toss out all those spices that I haven't used but thought I totally need to fill out my spice shelf.  Next up on the spice to-do list is to actually get some sort of lazy Susan or shelf system so that they can all be seen easier. (I know what the plethora of my Bed Bath & Beyond coupons will be used for this month! ORGANIZATION!) Love that!

Next up, I cleaned the oven.  I have to admit this is the most satisfying thing ever.  I will come clean your oven anytime. There's just something about spraying that oh-so-toxic oven cleaner into your grimy disgusting cake spilleth over oven and then the next morning WAM! with one swipe of a rag, your oven is brand spanking new! Cleaning the oven to me, is like using our new Dyson vacuum.  If I could do it everyday, I would.  And then I'd need to enter some self-help group with a 12 step process.

Here's the spring cleaning checklist that I found on Copy Craft's blog.  There really is nothing sweeter than a cleaning checklist in a pretty font.  Spring Cleaning Checklist

No comments: