Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday = Wine


What a week! TWO wine reviews in three days! lucky you! woo-hoo! We just opened this bottle tonight with the largest tortillas in the world. I probably should have taken a picture of the burritos bigger than our heads but I was much too hungry. Sorry about that. Anyways, back to the review. So this week's wine review is a winner! And yes, that is our one and only Easter decoration and it's still up because I think it's so cute.


[4.72 stars]
We loved this one. It's called Chateau Potensac Medoc, imported from Dallas, Texas. That's what it said, which I thought was kinda funny and then I looked a bit further down and it turns out Costco must stick labels on the back of their wine bottles in Dallas, while it was born in France.

This may be one of our first non-Californian wines in the house. Nothing against the blessed lands we live near, however we found this at Costco and they just plain old has some great deals! Costco just may deserve it's own post, or seven, so I'll keep talking about the wine now. (By the way, don't you just feel like you are camped out in my head as I'm typing this, I sure do hope so!) My dad gave me the BEST compliment the other day when he said that the blog really makes you feel as if you are living our adventures right along with us, just like you have the "you are here" sticker on your forehead. Thanks dad! love you!


And cue the wine...This wine has a classic label, pretty and simple. It was a great price, although I'm not sure what that said price was but I can't imagine we would have bought from "the fancy wine table" at Costco, we stick to "the affordable pretty labeled bottle table". That table really treats us well.


This wine reminds us of something that we would have at a restaurant because restaurants don't pick from the cheap pretty label affordable bottles that we normally pick from, or maybe they do and they charge you an arm and a leg, but when someone else is making your dinner, maybe that adds to the taste. Ok, so anyways, this one was really really good and I think you should all stop reading the blog and head to Costco.


seriously. go. now.

No comments: