Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wine Wednesday


[3 stars]
After a long hiatus of Wednesday wine features, I'm back! I added two pictures of this one only for the sole purpose that I was really proud of my placement of the wine bottle in the midst of my dresser. I thought that was very crafty, maybe not, but you know, these days of sleeping, working, commuting on foot to the BART, you take your kicks where you can get them and apparently, I have simple pleasures. :)
This week's wine is the Rutherford Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa. We bought this one at Costco, and therefore it was a deal. I gave this one 3 stars because it was drinkable but kinda crappy (yes that is the technical term). Apparently, I'm becoming a wine snob. It was fine but nothing special. I like the simple label, which along with the price is the reason why it was allowed to jump in our cart. I think the biggest problem I had with this one is that it got really bland and weak after a day of being opened. We nurse our wines in this place, so a good wine has to be able to stay good for a few days...this one did not.
On a side note, stay tuned, we just bought a few zinfandels...we didn't think we were fans, however the Art & Wine festival we went to recently made us converts. It's great for a hot summer day.

No comments: