Tuesday, December 8, 2009

White Christmas

This view caused quite the traffic jam on the way to work yesterday... apparently we weren't the only ones surprised with the snow...however we were the only ones that could drive AND appreciate the view.

Western Bluebird (You see, this is why I read the paper...I would have had no idea what kind of bird this was, but after a gander at the San Francisco Chronicle, I now know that this is a Western Bluebird.)


This is Grizzly Peak, right above Berkeley's campus.

[pictures above...all from the SF Chronicle]

Yesterday we woke up to a beautiful sight. We woke up to snow. SNOW! I know! In the bay area! Yahoo! I love this place! The top of Mt. Diablo typically gets snow every year, but that's 3900 feet above sea level, this was the first time in 25 years that the foot hills got some snow. After Mike dropped me off at work, he ran home to grab the camera and took this beauty below. And you know what the best part of this snow fall is? For a midwestern girl like me, it has yet to feel like Christmastime...and now IT DOES! Yippee!



No comments: