Sunday, December 13, 2009

wine: Simi


Hello...you may have thought I had fallen off the edge of the earth, but that's not the case. The past week we have enjoyed snow, cold, rain, rain, more rain. We've watched movies by the fire (Frost/Nixon, Gran Tourino, Funny People and Madagascar)...all very good, and yes we tried to encompass all genres. We've also enjoyed nearly finishing our Christmas shopping, wrapping and sending our Christmas gifts to the Pacific Northwest and Midwest. Sunday culminated a relaxing weekend with coffee from Peet's, the Chronicle and some Christmas tunes. A great Sunday morning tradition (except for the fact that the tunes are not ALWAYS Christmas...however I think i could listen to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra for 6 months of the year dreaming of a white Christmas.

We've also enjoyed our fair share of Sapporo beer and Simi Wine. This wine was the last of our Costco buys that we got that hadn't tried before. This was probably the only good one that we picked from our day with the wine steward at Costco. We'll definitely try this one again, it's bold with a lot of blackberry/cherry notes to it. I'm a sucker for those blackberry undertones...I think there should be a section in all wine stores that says, "I'm bold, I have hints of blackberry and I hate vanilla." I'd be in that section every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Anywho, this wine was a keeper. If memory serves me correctly, it was in the $15-$20 range, but really I don't remember. This is when I should keep my receipt from yee old Costco trip, but alas I don't, so I'll just give you the ball park. $15-$20 is the typical range for us at Costco.

No comments: