Monday, February 8, 2010

$10,000 pyramid

Things you can buy for $7:
1. One a day vitamins (50 ct.)
2. nearly 2 lattes at Peets
3. Ravenswood Zinfandel

Vitamins. good.
latte. good
wine. good

All these things are really very important and all of them make me very happy. Although I have to admit I'd be much happier if those darn horse pills could get a bit smaller. Seriously. I'll take two smaller vitamins compared to the one gigantasaurus rex pill.  But that's neither here nor there. I'll get back to the wine.

[4 stars]
I realize that my wine vocabulary isn't exactly refined.  In fact the other day when I opened this wine, I thought, hmmm....this tastes just like I was drinking it in the heart of the winery near the barrels.  To me, good wine equals wine that tastes like you are eating the barrel.  It finally dawned on me that I like the oak flavors. (I'm quick, I tell ya.) Ravenswood Vintners Blend Zinfandel is full of oakiness along with cherry or raspberries as well.  The price can't be beat for a weeknight wine.

Bliss in a $7 bottle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea! I can leave a comment now! I love this wine. Kelly brought it to my house one time and I've been drinking it ever since. Remind me to tell you about the winery right down the road from us - it's actually pretty good. I'll have to send you a bottle so that you can write a post about how even though you live near incredible vineyards, there is a hidden gem in indiana :)