Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Friday!




What could be better on a rainy Friday night than wine and my grandmother's spools of thread? I have no idea what I'm going to do with the thread...yet.
Let me drink that glass of wine first.
While I try to figure out what to do with the tread, let me tell you about the wine. We are a Kenwood only house right now. We like Kenwood, have I told you that yet? This wine was $7! This has been the second $7 bottle of wine we've had this week...although you don't know that yet, since I haven't told you about that other bottle...stay tuned for another day. (and then act surprised like you had no idea that we had a different bottle of $7 wine.)
[4.2 stars]
$7 wine is really special. Especially when it's good. This $7 wine is called Kenwood Red Table wine is wonderful. The price, the simple label and the delicious taste. It's a fairly light taste, but not too bland that would cause you contemplate why on earth you are drinking it. After several, ok quite a few sips, I figured out what the flavors were in the form of a mathematical equation.
[woodsy + a dash of spice + dollop of berry]e=mc2
I think Mr. Einstein could have used my help.
Anyway, I just pulled up the Kenwood Winery's website to learn more about it. This bottle of wine spends 16 months in French and American oak. That makes for a good wine. The website also taught me that you should pair this with chicken or pasta. It's no wonder why I like this. I live on chicken and pasta! (You see, I like to learn new things. In fact right now, I'm reading Guns, Germs and Steel...pretty much a text book on the origin of human societies. Next I think I may need to read the first Harry Potter book to even things out, or maybe even the Goldenbook's Pokey Little Puppy.)
I do love that pokey little puppy.
Have a wonderful weekend! Stay warm and/or dry.

No comments: