Thursday, September 2, 2010

my new favorite show

It's no secret that I love HGTV. In fact, if I could get a cable TV package that only had the basic 4 channels, plus HGTV for me and ESPN for Mike, we'd be happiest of happy campers.  It's the start of football season (Go Badgers!) but the show that I'm most excited to set our DVR is Secrets of a Stylist on HGTV. Emily, the stylist spilling her secrets, is the newest winner of Design Star. I'm not a big Design Star fan, although the show does produce some great shows (enter my other fav. - Color Splash with David Bromstad...although I was a big fan of the San Fran series, not so much the Miami edition.)

If we had a house, a picture of an old man on the fireplace mantle is right up my alley. And I think Barkley would really dig a guest room like the one below. OK, who am I kidding, our pup rules the roost and kicks us both out of bed so she can enjoy a queen bed to herself in the morning.  And really, if we're getting truthful, I think any guest of ours would appreciate a bed rather than the blow up mattress that has a secret hole that I have yet to find. 

Someday people, someday you will get a real bed in a guest room, just don't hold your breath, we live in California after all.  Money doesn't grow on trees.  


No comments: