Sunday, September 26, 2010

those french guys


You know those Impressionists of the early 19th century?  They are really, really cool.  A visit to the Monet exhibit in Chicago while in high school, got me hooked.  Our recent visit to the de Young museum in San Francisco only sealed the deal.  I would like to personally thank the Musee d'Orsay for closing up shop for a bit and sending some sweet paintings across the pond.   My love for Monet, Manet, Cezanne, Degas, and Sisley has grown immensely.  You know what the best part is?  There were so many amazing paintings when we went, but now there's a new impressionist exhibit at the de Young with EVEN MORE!   I'm so there. Only this time, we will not be attending during the last weekend that the exhibit is open.  Lesson learned my friends, lesson learned.

And, as you can see - the fun even started outside the museum when I made Mike take my picture with these plywood masterpieces. 

No comments: