Wednesday, September 29, 2010

wine: Three's no crowd

[4 stars]
While back in Minnesota in August, we enjoyed a lot of Menage a Trois red wine.  My parents turned us on to this wine and we all enjoyed it immensely.  So much so, that at $9 per bottle, it will be a regular in our wine repertoire.


There's a pattern, people. Do you remember when I told you about the Cinq Cepages wine from Chateau St. Jean that has 5 varieties to give you a party in your mouth from the first time it hits your tongue to after you have swallowed? 

Well, as you can see:
a) I can't help but spill a little wine down the side of the bottle when I pour a glass.
b) It's a blend, baby! Yippee for the 3 varieties!

Also, the jokes are endless with this wine.  My favorite was when I was telling my sister that we've driven past this winery many times while in Napa and that Mike and I will have to check this winery out soon.  Her response was, "Bring a friend." 

Get it?

1 comment:

ALR said...

I have had this wine and hubby and I really liked it. I wouldn't mind to have a glass right now:) I would recommend it.

Amy R.