1. I look really good in blaze orange...(OK, maybe not, but I did have a whole heck of a lot of it on to go sit in Mike's deer stand.)
1a. I thought I'd be the good luck charm for Mike to get that world record buck...but nope. We saw zero deer, 2 squirrels, and 1 bald eagle. *My very 1st bald eagle sighting! So that was exciting.*
2. 14 degrees is much colder now that I don't live in the Midwest. (Yes, I know. I've become THAT wimp.)
2a. I was proud to wear my Northface puffy down coat this morning when it was 33 degrees.
3. I still don't like turkey. Try as I might, I just don't like the taste of that darn bird.
I blame the turkey farm volunteer experience in 11th grade.I really did give it the old college try to eat it multiple times, but alas, I just stuffed myself silly with chex mix, mashed potatoes and pie. That's not that horrible, is it?
4. My heart skips a beat anytime I see someone wearing Badger gear - which is unusual and VERY exciting out here, but in Wisconsin, every other person is wearing Badger red and I needed to get over the sightings.
5. We've converted my father-in-law to the dark side. That's right - he now is a fan of Cabernet! Yahoo for Al! I'm quite impressed. Below are the pictures taken Castello di Amorosa (and yes, I know I have yet to hold up my end of the bargain for all the different wineries we visited in October and I told you I'd tell you all about it during the month of November. I just want to take this moment to say, where did the month of November go? Holy bananas, I can't believe we're on the precipice of December. We'll be blogging about that next month...and by "we" I mean "me" and by "next month" I mean to be as vague as possible.) Below you'll see Al trying the Fantasia wine from Castello. It's a gateway wine to the reds. Not my cup of tea, as it's quite sweet, however the gateway wine really did just that...in the course of a month Al was a non-wine drinker, to a really-good-Cab drinker at Thanksgiving. Now that's one quick working gateway wine!
This isn't a reenactment, this is truly what his reaction was as he tasted the first sip. Isn't that great?