Thursday, February 3, 2011

hoot hoot

Pardon me. I've been missing in action.  So let me get you up to speed. It's been really Really REALLY nice here.

1. 70 degrees in January / February is such a gift (holy snow, Chicago! yikes!) that I've been trying to spend as much time outside walking Barkley as humanly possible. Please be sure to remind me of these 70 degree days when I'm complaining about the rainy months or the 112 degree summer days. This is pretty sweet right now.

2. We made a pretty sweet purchase for our apartment. We got a new TV! Yahoo for the Packers being in the Super Bowl!  I've never been so impressed with HD TV, (we did however just go from a 19 inch tube tv, to a 46 inch flat screen...) I love it.

Funny story - so the cable guy came yesterday and got everything set up.  He left, I tried to change the channel and I failed (enter fuzzy gray screen) so I did what any new fancy tv owner would do. I cried. Just kidding, I didn't cry, I thought about it, but I didn't. I called Comcast and told them that I'm a moron and I think I just broke my tv.  I really did say that.  Luckily, the nice man educated this moron and the TV works again! Yahoo! It's a Christmas miracle! Now, I should really stop blogging and go read all the instructions manuals that we just unpacked from their boxes as I don't really want to call Comcast again. I'd feel silly, ok, maybe not. 
The things I do for a beautiful tv.

3. We may just be the last people on the planet to get Netflix (the other reason that spurred on the TV purchase.) Our first movie that we watched: the most recent Indiana Jones flick which could in fact be the most painful movie ever.  Pretty sure we can only get better from here. (Unless we rent Ishtar - which we won't - was the most awful movie watching experience ever.  EVER. I was 7 years old.  It was horrible, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't just because I was 7. I'm pretty sure my siblings and my dad thought it was horrible as well.)

4. I've been keeping my pact to try some new recipes (unfortunately not one per week) but we're getting there.  The last 2 recipes have been winners. Stay tuned.

5. We have an owl that hangs out every so often outside on a tree by our living room window.  Hence the title of the post...I'm pretty freaked out by birds (flying animals, legless animals and squirrels - they all freak me out) - But hummingbirds, hawks, pelicans and owls, they are all really cool. The rest of the winged animal kingdom pretty much scare me to pieces, but an owl - that's pretty cool. 

6. Ok, I don't have a number 6, but I feel like I haven't talked to you all in so long... but really I should go. 
I'm going to go find that owl. 

until tomorrow...they'll be pictures tomorrow. I promise! :)

No comments: