Thursday, October 20, 2011

cornucopias need not apply

This year, I felt the need to decorate for fall. There are a few stipulations to decorating in this household however - with very little storage space, things must either be able to be kept up all year long (Valentine's wreaths have remained up for 2 years...it's ok though because they are pretty non-valentiney, just red and made of feather boas, frankly what living room wouldn't need a feather wreath? hello?) Other stipulations include: things that are edible or cheap and can be used as raccoon food after a few short months, or are just plain old super cool.  We can always find room to store super cool things in this house.

Ok, now onto the fall decorations:


I walked into the grocery store recently and found these gourds for 99 cents a piece.  It was still 105 degrees out, so when the lady at the checkout counter asked me what I was going to do with these, I politely replied. It's fall...somewhere, therefore it's time to decorate.  I have no idea why that check out lady was judging me but apparently I was the first person to use food products for decorating in 105 degree heat...I'm not sure, either way, I'm a big fan of fall, even if it doesn't quite feel like it here.


Squirrel candle - gift from my big sister - Isn't she the best? Well, one of the best, I have 3 big sisters and I like to be politically correct.  So, you are all the best. (bonus points however, if any of you read my blog...hmm.)

Walking around Target one night, I found acorn potpourri...hello! match made in heaven! ladies and gentlemen, we have a bingo! fall decorating. check.

No comments: