Thursday, December 22, 2011

green

You may be getting tired of me raving about cleaning supplies. But I have one more tidbit for you.  Let me tell you a story, which really has nothing to do with cleaning. at all. But sometimes I like to share, even when it has absolutely nothing to do with why I originally sat down at the computer. And sometimes I like to babble, not sure if you had ever realized that, but yep. it's true. I'm a babbler. like right now in fact...so let me get back to business...

I was walking Barkley one day when I bubbly girl in yoga gear asked a woman in front of me something, she shook her head and kept walking, then the yoga geared girl offered me a lululemon bag.  I jumped on the freebie.  Who doesn't love a reusable lululemon bag? Well, I know one person that doesn't like them...the lady right in front of me that said no, that's who.  Her loss.

Anyway the girl in spandex gives me this bag and inside is a sheet of paper to write down your personal and professional goals. (I didn't do that part.) But I turned the paper over and started to read all these interesting mantras. (this is where I circle back to the natural cleaning supplies...)

All the quotes about the environment and taking care of the earth reminded me of my favorite Chief Seattle quote:

"The Earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth."

And then I read further and saw this quote that reminded me of my new found environmentally friendly cleaning supply, bon ami...you know the one that I'm probably a little TOO excited about since it is, after all, still just a cleaning supply.

"Do not use cleaning chemicals on your kitchen counters or floors.  Someone will inevitably make a sandwich on your counter."

And because we are talking about how much we love the earth, and because I have no other pictures to add to this post... here is a picture of Mt. Shasta as my mom and I drove by last summer.


No comments: