Friday, March 16, 2012

spring cleaning take 1

I know I told you that this week was going to be jam packed FULL of spring cleaning wonderment.  And here, it's Friday, and no wonderment on the blog.  Sorry about that.  Things got busy apparently (and the badgers played basketball yesterday - they won! woo-hoo!)

All that to say, just because I haven't been blogging about my spring cleaning doesn't mean that I haven't actually been doing some cleaning...actually it kinda does.  I've accomplished 3 out of the norm tasks this week.  I also found some really crazy spring cleaning checklists - especially from Martha Stewart. Not sure why this surprised me, but it did.  I'm not going to follow her list. I'm going to keep on keeping on with my own little list in my head.

This week:

Clean make up brushes.  I should really do this more often. However, I really only seem to remember to do it about twice a year. And then after I finish cleaning my brushes, I think, why don't I do this more often?

To clean my make up brushes, I just take a little dab of baby shampoo on my hand, swish the brush around in it and rinse each brush with warm water. I then let the brushes dry for a day on a towel, rotating them right before I go to bed to make sure they are completely dry on all sides my morning.


Bathroom:

Aside from cleaning the bathroom like a normally do, I tried a new trick for cleaning the shower doors - dryer sheets.  I'd have to say, this trick probably won't be repeated.  I didn't really see a difference compared how I normally clean the shower doors. 

Bedroom:

We turned the mattress - wish we could flip it but our bed is one of those one-sided pillow top mattresses.  So we just turned it.  And then this time along with cleaning the sheets each Monday (yes, on Mondays, I am just like my mom) I took off the mattress pad and tossed that in the wash as well.

So that's about all I've done out of the ordinary this week.  I have big plans though...stay tuned. 

No comments: