Monday, June 25, 2012

recipe: corn on the cob



I found a new way to cook corn and it is FANTASTIC! It's super easy and a great way to cook a bunch of corn at once.  I ended up making 10 ears and freezing them in smaller portions.  I think I will do this several times this summer while the corn is in season so that we have frozen "fresh" corn to enjoy all winter long.

This recipe was found on pinterest.  But it's so easy, I can tell you in 10 words or less. (OK, there are 15 words listed. But still, it's super easy.)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Toss in corn - husk and all for 25-30 minutes.

The end, seriously. How easy is that?!?!

When you shuck the husk off, the silk comes off super easy and the corn tastes so delicious. It also makes your house smell like the inside of a corn silo (in a good way)...

You might ask why I know what the inside of a corn silo smells like, and then I'd have to remind you that I spent my college summers counting corn. Yes, counting.  I'm highly educated, I can count.  I also took soil samples and other stuff, but my fondest memories are with the corn.  Then I spent the school year grinding up the corn and doing chemical tests on it.  That's where the brains came in, the brawn was during the summer getting tan and playing on the farm. Yep, brains and brawn. I'm pretty much the total *a hem, science geek* package. Mike is so lucky.  :)

No comments: