Tuesday, October 2, 2012

it's hot.

What do you do when the calendar says it's fall but the temperatures aren't dropping below 105 during the day?

Well, I'd say it's time for a root beer float!

I only blog about this because:

1. I'm tired of this heat  (103 degrees today) - it's October for goodness sake!
2. I went to 7 Eleven to grab one root beer to make myself a root beer float.  And, they did not sell one single variety of root beer! Is there a root beer shortage along with a bacon shortage?!? What is this world coming to?
3. I found a root beer at the grocery store.  I danced. I sang.* I drove home and made myself a root beer float and for just a little while, I wasn't angry that it was 103 degrees on October 2.

*Yes, I seriously danced and yes, I seriously sang in the checkout line of the grocery store. Because no one knows me in this little town of mine and even if I did randomly run into someone I knew, I am pretty sure I would ask them to join in on my celebration for root beer floats!

No comments: