Friday, August 9, 2013

Harvest



In May of 2012, I planted a green pepper plant.  In November of 2012, I uprooted it since it had yet to produce a pepper.  Upon said uprooting, Mike spotted a baby pepper.  So I replanted it.  I watered it. That pepper didn't grow, but finally, FINALLY in August 2013, we have harvested our very first pepper.  And now apparently the green pepper plant must be so proud of itself (we ceremoniously cut off the first pepper and told the plant how proud we were of it) so now we have about 5 more peppers growing.  Yahoo!


Barkley and I were on a walk earlier this week and I saw this woman up to her shoulder in this random plant alongside the walking path. I had no idea what she would be picking, so on my way back to the car, I decided to check out the area she was at (she had since left) and I found some blackberries (proving to me that she wasn't nearly as crazy as I thought she was about 20 minutes earlier).  I didn't take any, seemed a little strange to be taking random berries.  I did however get really excited by the idea of having a blackberry bush in my yard someday...put that on the list of reasons to buy a house.  

No comments: