Thursday, March 6, 2014

tis the season...

So, it's Lent.  I like Lent, it's a good time to reflect about 3 months into the year on how those New Year's resolutions panned out and how to make yourself better.  I'm not one that gives things up, mainly because I always seem to pick something that I actually don't mind living without and then it's not that big of a deal.  I did give up soda about a decade ago, which was hard at the time but I've never really needed to jump back on that bandwagon so while that was a good start for a Lenten resolution and a good outcome, most of the time I like to take this time to try and better myself.  So this year I've decided that I'm going to try and blog every day during Lent.  Not in a churchy, reflective way, because that's not me.  Just in a - hi, how are ya doing?  This is what I'm up to, or this is what I'm thankful for, or this is what's for dinner.  Typical blog stuff, just that it'll be everyday, which is not typical for me as of late.

So here's to holding me to it. I hope you all do. :)

Today I'm thankful for the gift of working from home. I am so lucky to be work so well with my husband.  I never thought it would last (the working together part, not the marriage part - he's stuck with me for life!), but it has and it's wonderful to be able to work with him and from home.  To be able to do laundry in between phone calls. To let the dog hang out in the sunshine on the deck for a little longer in the morning than she would be able to had I needed to leave for work - she's kenneled throughout the day when we're gone. She's also kenneled while I'm working in the morning and afternoon for the most part...not because I want her to be away from me, but because she really likes it.  She chooses to go into her kennel basically from 9am - 3:30 pm.  While I'm doing phone calls, I actually appreciate that she wants to be in her kennel because every so often there's a strange noise and if she's not in her kennel, she will defend this house with some big dog barks.  Big dog barks tend to not look professional when talking to professionals, so it's good that she likes her kennel so much.

I'm also so very thankful today of all days that I work from home because just when I was about to start working this morning, I squatted down to pick up a leaf on the rug and RIP! My pants became crotchless...totally not a good thing if I were in a public space like an office. But in the comfort of my own home...pants were tossed in the trash and new jeans were put on.   I was just thinking the other day that it seems like I've been living in 2 pairs of corduroy pants this winter, and sure enough, that's definitely the case.  Bummer.  I did love those pants, clearly.  I fear the other pair of cords isn't far behind, so I'll have to make those my "apartment pants" from now on, for fear that I might actually have a wardrobe malfunction while at the grocery store or something.  Yikes!


Vitamin D time!


This dog loves warm laundry.  She refuses to let me fold any of it until it has fully cooled down. 



No comments: