Friday, February 20, 2009

More Apartment Pictures



I spent most of Thursday morning with a hammer in my hand and a vision in my head and this is what come of it. Ta DA! We decided that some day when the house sells and we don't have to worry about that, we'll get a tv that actually produces good quality sound, as opposed to the nice 19 inch we have now, that was good but sadly is kicking the sound bucket. Anyways, we thought maybe we'd have it mounted above the fireplace, but after we found out that our apartment likes to leak and walls like to bulge out, we thought we better not. So, that left a nice wall open and lonely above the fireplace. I switched the artwork that was above the couch to above the fireplace and added the candle sconces. It didn't work to center the painting so it's slightly off kilter, due to the switch to turn on the fireplace, but once you look past that, I think it's pretty sweet, if i do say so myself. And just so you don't have to strain your retinas, I was watching the Barefoot Contessa on TV, because the Food Network is always on when I'm around, unless it's the crazy southern lady that cooks with even more butter than the Barefoot Contessa, and that's when I watch HGTV.

After moving the artwork, we had a large 2-story blank wall above the couch and a LOT of brown frames with pictures leaning up against the walls everywhere, so I decided to kill 2 birds with one stone - declutter the floors AND make a pottery barn inspired collage wall o' frames. And there you be, a nearly completely put together living room.

No comments: