Wednesday, January 13, 2010

St. Francis




St. Francis holds a special place in my heart. The man, the actual saint, that is. In fourth grade for Halloween, we had to dress up as a saint. I choose St. Francis and my mom pinned all of my stuff animals on a robe and there I went to my Catholic School's halloween party thinking I was the coolest kid in the world...or so I thought. I know now that my geekiness all stems from those formible years.

Anyways, back to the wine. So over New Year's weekend, we stopped by St. Francis winery to check things out. St. Francis has earned a spot at the top of our favorites because of its mellow atmosphere and beautiful scenery. We didn't try any of the wine that day but the next time we go to Sonoma County, we will be stopping there, both for a tasting and to enjoy the view again. By the way, the shopping in the tasting room is also top notch. See the "Handcrafted in Sonoma Valley" board above? That's just one of many really sweet pieces that originated from old barrels and the like. Gotta love me some recycled goods! It has a place near and dear to my heart.

No comments: