Monday, May 17, 2010

franciscan

Franciscan winery is located in the heart of Napa County in the town of St. Helena. Franciscan offers a more Sonoma County experience than most of the vineyards in Napa (i.e. the people are nice AND they offer coupons for their tasting.)  Check out their website: Franciscan Estates.  We really enjoyed Franciscan. The tasting area is in the middle, while the perimeter of the room is a one stop shop if you need a hostess gift.  I wanted one of everything, whether it was a kitchen towel, appetizer plate or cheese knife.  This winery doesn't have the sprawling grounds full of gardens or bocce ball, however it does have a patio that I could sit and enjoy all afternoon.  Give me a good glass of Franciscan wine and put my feet up in the sunshine and I think I might be in heaven.

No comments: