Friday, May 21, 2010

wine: Edge


On our same $10 or under wine bottle grocery store run (and one one box of donut holes with jimmies) we got this beauty: Edge.  We've had this once before, on New Year's Eve, and we really were impressed with it.  This bottle, however, fizzled. Now, I'm not sure if it was the company we kept, the tasty fajitas or the movie, The Hangover that made this bottle such a dandy; but on a random Thursday night in May, it was a bit of a let down. 

The smell was bold, however at first taste, there was nothing bold or punchy about it. Mike actually described the taste as, "I think the grapes may have been bathing with some dirty gym socks for a bit." 

So true.

Now, I'm a glass is half full kinda gal. No seriously, go fill my glass half full, it's getting rather empty. (I spend a LOT of time by myself, so sue me for the punchiness.) And now back to my positive attitude...I'm not sure that I will buy this bottle anytime soon, but I can't rule out a wine just from one funky bottle.  The price point and the simple modern label will bring me back someday. Just not any time too soon.

[1.4 stars]



No comments: