Saturday, July 16, 2011

thirty-one

[*]

Did you know that Herbert Hoover and I have a LOT in common?  Yep, it's true.  He was the 31st President, and today, I am 31 years old!  and boy oh boy, the similarities don't end just there. 
 
His last name is a brand of vacuum, and yesterday I vacuumed our apartment. Hoover was born in the midwest, and so was I. Hoover went to Stanford, and I like to walk around Stanford's campus.  Seriously, the similiarities are astounding! 
 
Just in case you are playing game of Trivia Pursuit this weekend, here's your Hoover lesson of the day: Hoover was only one of two Presidents (Taft being the other) in the history of the US that never held an elected office prior to being elected President.
Because it's my birthday, this post shouldn't be all about Hoover.  This is me in Brugges, Belgium on our way to the oldest pub in the town (circa 1515).  Unfortunately the only pub in town needs to take a few days off here and there, and this day was exactly one of them.  Do not fret, we just walked to the other side of town to to brewery and had a jolly good time there. 

No comments: