Thursday, September 1, 2011

amsterdam

While we didn't particularly enjoy our time in Amsterdam (read: do not stay anywhere near the central district where the club scene is bumping until at least 4am), we did however really like the Heinekin brewery tour and the canal ride. 

While on our canal ride, we were past by another boat, and lo and behold the currents tossed us right into the wall of the canal.  As it turns out, those canal boats are quite sturdy.


If you remember, there was a word  (ok, two words) that I really liked from our time in Paris: flying buttress.  Pretty sure the Bloemenmarkt just surpassed flying buttress as my favorite word(s).  I also like to say it in the strongest dutch accent I have.  (Which, by the way, I'm extremely terrible at accents. Sadly, I can sound Canadian at the drop of a hat.  You can take the girl out of Minnesota, but you just can't take the Minnesota out of the girl. But that's ok. I don't mind.)

Mental note to self: I wish someone would have told us to stay in the west end of town, near the Anne Frank House.  It's quiet, it's beautiful and it doesn't involve a bunch of bachelor parties dressed all in white (apparently one must dress in all white to look super cool in the dance clubs with the black light?!? I'm not sure. Regardless, we didn't pack a lick of white clothing and we went to bed at 10pm.  We are old.)

 Again, we were a bit lonely for Barkley...however, isn't this the greatest stoop for a pup?



No comments: