Wednesday, February 29, 2012

wine: Cline Zinfandel 2010


One of the perks of Mike putting 80,000 miles on a car in under 2 years is that occasionally when he is out and about, he happens to drive past a winery. Which I guess is also one of the perks of living in Northern California where it's easy to drive past a winery or two no matter what direction you are driving.  Cline was one of those stops to pick up a few bottles of wine one day to say, "Happy Wednesday!"

This wine was good.  I think the vanilla taste was a bit too strong for me initially, but it was still a totally drinkable bottle.  The retail price is $18, so for that price, I would say, I'm not sure I would buy it again.  I was reading about this wine on the Cline Website {here}and they also mention that there are "flavors of dark berry, coffee and chocolate with a great vanilla oak character and lingering long finish."  I totally picked up on the strawberry flavor.  The smell of this one was great (i.e. the oak factor).  So all in all, it was good.  I'd give it 2.79 stars. 

P.S. Pardon the blurry picture, I have been trying to take my camera off auto and do more on the manual settings...looks like I need to do a bit more work. :)

No comments: