Monday, May 7, 2012

recipe: carrots

People! I have a recipe from Cooking Light and it's not from the January Issue! I'm branching out! Aren't you so very proud?

This is quite possibly one of my most favorite new recipes...I've made it a lot lately. And I mean a lot, at which point Mike said, I actually do not have the same obsession with roasted carrots as you do.  So I'll hold off in making it for a bit. It's just so easy.  Each time I make it, I have been cutting back on the amount of butter. I think you could actually do this very easily without the butter at all and just add a bit more olive oil.  We aren't huge fans of butter, but if you are, by all means have at it.


[*]


Ingredients
  • 2 cups (2-inch) diagonally cut carrot
  • 1 tablespoon butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • Cooking spray
Preparation

Preheat oven to 425 degree.  Combine first 5 ingredients on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.

Ann Taylor Pittman,
APRIL 2012

No comments: