Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Do you remember when we went 0 for 4 in the Trader Joe's wine selections? If not, just read about it here, here, here and again here.  It wasn't my most stellar moment in the wine section of the grocery store, let me tell you. 
Abysmal, might be the proper word.

Because of that, we've been sticking to some good (and cheap) wines that we know won't disappoint.  The only dilemma is that when we keep drinking the same two bottles of wine, I have nothing to talk about on the blog.  And I do apologize, but sometimes, I just need to have a good glass of wine.  I'm sure you can understand.

At the beginning of the summer, Mike and I went to Costco to stock up on wine.  We realized that there aren't a lot of deals in the wine at Costco, occasionally you'll find a winner here or there, but when you get 10% at Safeway when you buy 6 bottles, it's hard to compete.  Plus, Safeway has a much bigger selection.  But today, we're talking Costco, so let me get back on track... The deals at Costco are the double bottles - our Costco wraps up two bottles of BV or two bottles of Menage a trois for less than $14.  It may even be cheaper than that, I'm not exactly sure.  Either way, it's a deal.  

And when a good bottle of wine is a deal,
that, my friends,
is hard to beat.



No comments: